Policy & Practice Development
To influence the policy and practice of central and local government and other key stakeholders so that the rights, wellbeing and outcomes of the children and young people we serve are promoted and enhanced.
Achieving our Aims
- We influence, lobby and engage at national and local level by developing and promoting children’s rights and child-centred practice
- We respond to government consultations promoting the rights of children and young people, child-centred care and any gaps in the law
- We work with local authorities to improve their practice in regard to children and young people in care and care leavers.
- We provide advice and information on policy and legal issues ensuring that children’s rights and child-centred practice is disseminated at all levels.
- We collaborate with partners and colleagues in the sector with the aim of strengthening partnership work, in particular the Alliance for Children in Care and Care Leavers and the National Children’s Advocacy Consortium
- We provide legal information, as well as knowledge and expertise by contributing to the training of staff and freelance workers within Coram Voice and from other agencies.
All of our policy work is informed directly from children and young people with care experience as well as indirectly from case studies highlighting the issues that arise for children and young people from our advocacy and other service provision.
Please click here to browse Coram Voice's responses to government consultations.
For further information about the work of the Legal and Policy Unit please get in touch with
Linda Briheim-Crookall on 020 7239 7528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.